Digit Online

James Avery

Photo by Blaike L.

Photo by Blaike L.

Blaike L. and Caitlin M.

James Avery is a local, popular jewelry store that has five locations in the Austin area. They started their company in 1954 in Kerrville, Texas. James Avery sells necklaces, charms, bracelets, rings, and earrings. Many students at Gorzycki enjoy wearing James Avery. Sixth grader Olivia Cassidy explains how she found out about James Avery.

“My Grandma bought me a James Avery ring for Christmas and I really enjoyed wearing it because it became something very special to me,” Cassidy said.

Students have been getting their jewelry since elementary school. Because of James  Avery’s great styles and looks, students have chosen to go there instead of other places. Eighth grader Hannah Seckt explains how she found out about James Avery.

“I found out about James Avery when my mom got me a cross necklace from there when I was in third grade,” Seckt said. “I loved it and wanted to get more things from there.”

At Gorzycki, most girls buy the James Avery rings, while boys wear their necklaces. The average price for James Avery can range anywhere from $40 to in the thousands. Eighth grader Chiara Von Roden explains her favorite type of jewelry from James Avery.

“My tiny heart ring is definitely my favorite item of jewelry that I own from James Avery,” Von Roden said. “I like it because it is super pretty and comfortable.”.

Many charms and designs are offered at James Avery unlike other jewelry places. James Avery has great quality and many different styles. Eighth grader Aden Ponce explains his charm.

“My favorite charm is my number 22 that I have on my necklace,” Ponce said. “Number 22 is my lucky number.”  

Unlike many other jewelry stores, James Avery has their own style. Seckt explains why she goes to James Avery instead of other jewelry stores.

“I go to James Avery instead of other places because I feel like they have a rustic and trendy look to their jewelry,” Seckt said. “Also, the jewelry is really nice quality.”

Many students wear James Avery for the unique designs and great quality. Von Roden explains her overall thoughts about James Avery.  

“I enjoy going to James Avery because you can have things customized to what you like and make it special,” Von Roden said. “Also, the jewelry can have sentimental value that is meaningful.”