Digit Online

Riverdale Receives Recognition

Navya S. and Maya L.

Riverdale is a popular drama TV show based on the Archie Comics. The show first came out in January of 2017, and it is currently midway through its second season. The show airs on Wednesdays, at 7 p.m. on the CW channel, and the first season is on Netflix. Riverdale is about six of high schoolers trying to solve the murder mystery of Jason Blossom.

“I like how it’s a murder mystery,” seventh grader Jillian Kelly describes. “I also like the relationships between the characters, especially Betty and Jughead.”

Students explain what they like about Riverdale.

“ It has a really good storyline,” eighth grader Belle Willi said. “ All the small details come back and connect.”

While a lot of people love the show, there are some things fans disapprove of. Students explain their dislikes and what they would change about Riverdale.

“I don’t like how it can be a little extra because the characters are only sixteen, and there is too much drama,” Kelly explains. “I would make there be less drama between the characters because with everything else that is going on they need their friends.”

Eighth grader  Cecelia Lawrence explains what she doesn’t like about Riverdale.

“I would make the show more positive and have a few episodes where there is no drama,” Lawrence said. “Sometimes I think they can be a little overdramatic.”

Sixth grader Kathryn Lamm read the Archie Comics and really enjoyed them. She explains what she would change about Riverdale.

“I think that they should’ve made the characters in Riverdale look more like the characters in the original Archie Comics,” Lamm said.

Riverdale may be pretty new to television, but Archie and the gang have been around since 1941. Students explain who their favorite character is.

“I like Jughead the best because I really like his personality,” Kelly describes. “He is the writer of he group and the narrator of the show, and he is kind of a lone wolf but he also has a soft side.”

Riverdale has been a hit ever since it came out, but it gained a lot of viewers over the summer due to its release on Netflix. Students explain why they think Riverdale has become so popular.

“I think most kids like the relationships in the show and the story line is really interesting,” Kelly explains. “There is a lot going on and it’s really fast paced, so people don’t get bored watching it.”