Digit Online

Welcome Aboard to NASA

Bela C. and Madeleine D.

The NASA Space Center located in Houston opened in 1992. The Space Center features more than 400 artifacts, exhibits, attractions, and theatres related to America’s space travel history. Many people go to the NASA Space Center for an educational and fun trip enjoyable for the whole family. Eighth grader Belle Willi explains why she went to NASA.

“I went because my brother went on a boy scout trip and I was kind of dragged along,” Willi explained.

NASA Space Center is very family-friendly, and with so many different attractions there is always something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Different events target different age groups, while some are great and educational for the entire family to experience. Sixth grader Ahantya Sharma explains who he went with and what his favorite attraction was.

“I went with my family and my brother’s friend and my parents’ friends.” Sharma said “[I liked] the simulator. You were in a simulator and it simulated how it would move in space.”

Approximately 1 million people visit NASA each year. With so many things to see and do it can be hard to see everything. The drive to Houston from Austin is very long so some people might not want to sit in a car for hours just go to to NASA. Seventh grader Cipriano Ruvalcaba explains why or why not he would go back to the NASA Space Center and shares his opinion on if the long drive to Houston is worth it.

“I feel like just going there for only 3 hours I haven’t explored a lot. I’m sure there’s a ton more to go and see,” Ruvalcaba explained. “Yes, it is definitely worth it [the drive] even though it takes a while to go there. Once you see what’s there you will wish you could go back again.”

The NASA Space center in Houston has many cool and interesting things to see and do that you won’t find at other museums. NASA is unique because they focus on space, unlike other museums. Cipriano Ruvalcaba explains why she would recommend others to visit NASA.

“It’s just very unique. I’ve never seen a tour done like the way they did it. There is so many things to see and learn you never know what you are going to find next,” Cipriano explained.