Digit Online

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Ava S. and Hannah K.

Sprinkles Cupcakes was the first cupcake bakery ever opened. It was first opened in Beverly Hills, California, and it now has 25 locations all around the US. It’s mainly known for its variety of flavors in cupcakes.

“At sprinkles cupcakes I get the chocolate marshmallow, the peanut butter chip, and the milk chocolate,” eighth grader Kaia Radloff said. “My favorite out of all of those is the peanut butter chip because it was really moist and the peanut butter and chocolate mixed well together.”

Each cupcake at Sprinkles costs $3.50 and to get a box to put them in, it costs an extra $0.50. If you get a cupcake from the Cupcake ATM, it can cost up to $4.25.

“I don’t think Sprinkles’ prices are outrageous but I definitely think the cupcakes could be priced lower,” eighth grader Ellie Corbett said.

Also, if you want to get your pet a good treat, you can purchase a sprinkles pupcake. It’s a sugar free vanilla cupcake topped with yogurt frosting.

“My favorite part about Sprinkles Cupcakes is actually the cookies, because even though it is a really good cupcake place it has really good cookies too,” Radloff said. “I also got a pupcake for my dog once and even she liked it.”

If you don’t like cupcakes, sprinkles also has a wide range of ice cream and cookies, including peanut butter pretzel chip, and frozen hot chocolate.

“At Sprinkles Cupcakes I get the milk chocolate cupcake almost everytime I go because it’s really good,” eighth grader Abby Moran said.  “But I’ve also gotten the strawberry cupcake that was pretty good too.”

Each month, Sprinkles has a new cupcake based on holidays or events occurring in that month. Although many students at Gorzycki like Sprinkles Cupcakes, there are things they would change about it.

“If I could change one thing about Sprinkles Cupcakes I would make the inside a bit bigger, because the domain is such a crowded place and it’s hard to find seats to eat your cupcake and the tables outside are small,” Moran said.

Sprinkles Cupcakes has options for those who are vegan, gluten free, and sugar free. You can choose gluten free red velvet, sugar free red velvet, or vegan red velvet.

“I would recommend it [Sprinkles Cupcakes] to a friend because the cupcakes taste good and the atmosphere is nice,” Corbett said. “My favorite part is probably the taste, they also have good service so that’s good too.”